Frequently Asked Questions
About Webinar Technology
What kind of equipment do I need?
- A device with an internet connection. A computer is the optimal device to view the presentations; however, a tablet or even a phone can be used.
- All registered webinars will be available on your Dashboard. The live webinar links are available within each webinar on the Contents tab.
What webinar platform will be used?
- Webinars are presented using the Zoom platform.
Do I need a Zoom account to watch?
- No, you do not need a Zoom account to view the webinars. Simply click the access link provided in the webinar Contents tab. The link will direct you to the Zoom site. Follow the prompts to open the webinar.
Do I need a webcam? Will I appear on video?
- You will not need a webcam or camera. As a webinar attendee, you will not appear on video.
About Live Webinars
How do I log into a live webinar?
- All registered webinars will be available through the My Dashboard page. From the Dashboard, click the webinar you wish to attend. On the webinar page, navigate to the Contents tab, and click the live video link.
Is there a cutoff date or time to register for a live webinar?
- Registration for live webinars closes thirty minutes prior to the start of the webinar.
- Registrations after these noted times will be for the on-demand videos only.
If I register for a live webinar, will I have access to the on-demand version?
- Access to the on-demand version is included in your registration cost for any live webinar. All on-demand products will be available through the My Dashboard page.
How many days after a live webinar occurs is the on-demand version available to view?
- Live webinars will be recorded and available for on-demand viewing about 14 days after the live broadcast.
How do I ask a question during the live webinar? Will my question be answered during the presentation?
- Yes, during a live webinar you can ask a question by typing it into the “Question & Answer” box that appears in the Zoom viewer’s control panel.
I registered for a live webinar and now cannot attend. Will the webinar be repeated? Is there any way to watch it later?
- Live webinars will be recorded and available for on-demand viewing about 14 days after the live broadcast. Access to the on-demand version is included in your registration.
About On-Demand Webinars
CE Certificates and Maintenance of Certification Activity Points
How do I get my CE certificate for live webinars and on-demand offerings?
- After attending a live webinar, you will be asked to complete a short evaluation on the webinar Contents tab. Once the evaluation is complete, your CE certificate will become available for download on the webinar Contents tab.
- For on-demand webinars, you will be asked to complete a multiple-choice quiz based on the content of the webinar. After completing the quiz, you will then be able to download your CE certificate on the webinar Contents tab.
- The Transcript page on the My Dashboard page will show a complete list of all earned CE certificates.
Can I receive ACVS Diplomate maintenance of certification activity points for webinars?
- ACVS-provided continuing education webinars are approved for one activity point per hour toward ACVS Diplomate maintenance of certification (MOC).
- Diplomates must complete the required quiz questions for ACVS to record the activity in their MOC record. Diplomates are responsible for recording ACVS-provided continuing education webinars completed prior to November 1, 2020.
Rates and Refunds
If I need to cancel registration for a live webinar or the purchase of on-demand access, can I receive a refund?
- Refunds are available for individually purchased live webinar registration fees if canceled two weeks prior to the webinar date. Within two weeks prior to the webinar date, refunds will be made only in cases of extenuating circumstances (e.g., death in the family, medical emergency) and must be supported by written documentation.
- Purchase of on-demand content and webinar packages are non-refundable.
- All refunds must be requested in writing by email, sent to CE@acvs.org.
In what time zone are the webinars scheduled?
- All ACVS live webinars are held in the Eastern time zone (New York City time zone).
|Access Date||Quiz Result||Score||Actions|
ACVS has been approved or is awaiting approval for CE credits in jurisdictions which recognize the American Association of Veterinary State Boards’ Registry of Approved Continuing Education (RACE). RACE-approved ACVS webinars are approved for one activity point per hour toward ACVS Diplomate maintenance of certification.
Learn more >